WHO WE ARE
Our website address is https://www.mrstainless.co.uk
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Mr Stainless Ltd uses your data. We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
It is likely that we will need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes, but you are welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent, for example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters. When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
Contractual Obligations: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, when you order an item from us for home delivery, we will collect your address details to deliver your purchase and pass them to our courier.
Legal Compliance: If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Mr Stainless Ltd to law enforcement.
Legitimate Interest: In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- When you visit our website for an online enquiry and buy products and services on the phone, in our office.
- When you purchase a product or service from our office or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of our employees to email you information about a product or service
- When you comment on or review our products and services
- Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about the employee who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens if you should visit our office, an employee may collect your personal data
WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- For accounting, billing and general purposes, your name, gender, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, boat name, email and telephone numbers
- Details of your interactions with us through our contact form, customer service team in head office, online, via social media or in store. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made and how and when you contact us
- Details of your visits to our website
- Payment card information
- Your comments and product reviews
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by analysing the data we have about you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service. Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our website or in office. If we don’t collect your personal data we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product that you have ordered and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterward in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds and so on
- To respond to your queries, refund requests, and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
An example of customer data retention periods:
When you place an order, we will keep the personal data you give us five years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties, for example, delivery companies and for fraud management
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration
- We may, from time to time, expand, reduce or sell Mr Stainless Ltd and this may involve the transfer of divisions or the whole business to new owners. If this happens, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice
For further information please contact: email@example.com
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE PROCESSED
Sometimes we will need to share your personal data with third parties and suppliers outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you are based outside the UK and place an order with us, the personal data we collect from you will be processed in the UK. Though in order to send your delivery to you your data may be transferred to a courier outside the EEA.
Protecting your data outside the EEA
The EEA includes all EU Member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third-party data processors in countries that are outside the EEA. For example, this might be required in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services.
If we do this, we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EEA. For example, our contracts with third parties stipulate the standards they must follow at all times. If you wish for more information about these contracts please contact us.
Any transfer of your personal data will follow applicable laws and we will treat the information under the guiding principles of this Privacy Notice.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- For example, when you withdraw consent or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels)
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consen
- You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Mr Stainless Ltd holds at any time and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Data Protection, Mr Stainless Ltd, Suffolk Yacht Harbour, Levington, Ipswich, IP10 0LN, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To ask for your information to be amended please contact our Customer Services team on 01473 659295.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your Right To Withdraw Consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where We Rely On Our Legitimate Interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking Your Identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
HOW CAN YOU STOP THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
- Send an email to email@example.com or write to Data Protection, Mr Stainless Ltd, Suffolk Yacht Harbour, Levington, Ipswich, IP10 0LN
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
CONTACTING THE REGULATOR
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites)
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
For All Non-UK Customers
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask us not to process your data in certain ways, and if you do so, we will respect your wishes.
Sometimes we’ll need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable us to supply the goods or services you’ve requested. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties located in the UK.
By dealing with us, you are giving your consent to this overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data outside your country of residence for our ordinary business purposes.
This may occur because our information technology storage facilities and servers are located outside your country of residence and could include storage of your personal data on servers in the UK.
We’ll ensure that reasonable steps are taken to prevent third parties outside your country of residence using your personal data in any way that’s not set out in this Privacy Notice. We’ll also make sure we adequately protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us and we will be pleased to help you:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to us at Data Protection, Mr Stainless Ltd, Suffolk Yacht Harbour, Levington, Ipswich, IP10 0LN
- This notice was last updated on 11/06/2018